When you are starting a business from scratch you have to learn how to think free, often it can feel as if everywhere you look there are a hundred things for you to spend money on. Stop right there. Just because something is there doesn’t mean you need it – and if you do need it that doesn’t mean you have to spend money getting it. Here’s how to get everything you need for free:
- Work from home
- Use the skills you already have
- Use the resources you have at your fingertips
- Do all the work yourself – and don’t pay yourself a wage
- Hold on to the day job
- Source free equipment
- Tap into free inspiration
- Access free research
- Get a grant
- Learn the business skills you need for free
- Make the most of free technology
- Make use of existing local infrastructure
12 point as 12 hours of preparation 🙂
- Find out what free local business networking groups are in your area. Join Them.
- Think about the existing infrastructure in your area which you can take advantage of – a half-empty hotel? A little-used town hall? A theatre which is only used in the evenings?
- Write down a list of the resources you already have to hand, and skills you have which you could charge for.